Terms and Conditions for Submissions
Términos y Condiciones para Propuestas
شروط التقديمات وأحكامھا
By submitting my personal writings and photographs (collectively, my “Submission(s)”) to Hindsight 2020: New Haven (the “Project”), I hereby authorize and grant to Yale University acting by and through the Yale University Library the right and license to display and transmit my Submission(s) as part of the Project on the following website: 2020newhaven.com (the “Project Website”).
I understand that my Submission(s) will be deposited with and be preserved by the Yale University Library. I acknowledge that the University is not under any obligation to utilize the rights granted in these Terms and Conditions for Submissions nor to reproduce or display my Submission(s) in the same format in which it was originally submitted by me for deposit.
I understand that my Submission(s), a description thereof, and/or my name and information as the author/creator (unless I choose to exclude my identification as the author/creator) may be incorporated into publicly accessible library catalogs, databases, and websites, and I further agree that the University may electronically store, archive, copy, migrate, and/or translate my Submission(s) in or to any media or formats for the purpose of preservation, web accessibility, and public access.
I understand that the Yale University Library, in its sole discretion, reserves the right not to accept and share my Submission(s) if it is determined to be out-of-scope or otherwise inconsistent with the focus of the Project.
I retain copyright ownership in my Submission(s), and I represent that I am the sole creator thereof and that each is my original work. To the extent that any portions of my Submission(s) are not my own creation, I represent that they are used with the copyright holder’s express permission or as permitted by applicable law. In addition, I represent that my Submission(s) does not infringe the copyright or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any party, does not defame any party, and does not contain restricted, confidential, or otherwise protected data or information that should not be shared publicly.
If at a later date I wish for my Submission(s) and/or my name to be removed from, or for my name to be added to, the Project Website and other description of my Submission(s) created by the Yale University Library, I may contact the Library’s Manuscripts and Archives division at firstname.lastname@example.org with my request.
In granting these rights and authorizations, I affirm that I have read and understand these Terms and Conditions for Submissions and the Yale University Privacy Statement, I am 18 years or older and reside in the United States of America, and I have the full power and authority to grant such rights and authorizations. These Terms and Conditions for Submissions express my and Yale University’s complete understanding with respect to the subject matter contained herein.
By submitting my contribution to Hindsight 2020: New Haven, I hereby accept and agree to these Terms and Conditions for Submissions.
Summary of Terms*
By submitting my contribution, I’m agreeing that:
- I’m at least 18 years old.
- The Yale University Library may display my submission(s) on this website and preserve them as part of a publicly-accessible library collection.
- Unless I indicate otherwise, my name will be associated with my submission(s).
- The Yale University Library reserves the right not to display and preserve my submission(s).
- I am the creator of my submission(s) and I will retain copyright over them. If any part of my submission(s) was created by someone else, it is not being used in a way that infringes on copyright. My submission doesn’t include sensitive information that shouldn’t be shared publicly.
- At any time in the future, I can ask that my submission be removed from the site and the Library’s collection or that my name be removed from/added to the description of my submission(s).